SEOUL, South Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)--5minlab, best known for their VR debut ‘Toy Clash’ and won ‘Best VR’ award at Made With Unity(MWU) Korea event in 2018, announced that they released their second VR franchise called ‘BAAM SQUAD’ but this time, with a seasoned co-op multiplayer feature and FPS element.
‘BAAM SQUAD’ takes you to an abandoned sweets factory where it has been overrun by a zombie outbreak. With up to four players to co-op together, the goal is to roam around the factory while defending yourselves from streams of zombies looking for blood and sugar. Player has to keep them at a safe distance with an arsenal of weapons while keeping the electricity running to maintain the power for elevators, doors, vending machines and other useful traps.
The game has undergone an open beta during April 13 - 19 via their official discord channel, with more than 450 users participated and enjoyed pretty much of the game contents, ended up leaving their names on a global leaderboard.
Here are the key features of ‘BAAM SQUAD: Zombies in Sweets Factory’.
- Journey into Sweets Factory – Complete with jelly trampolines, conveyor oven and hot chocolate falls. Vending machines are everywhere selling buffing snacks and mysterious sodas.
- Free Exploration – Use controller to walk or run without motion-sickness, teleportation and space restriction.
- Weapons – From classic pistol to Sci-Fi laser gun. Collect all 10+ weapons and upgrade them to MAX level, optimizing your chance to survive longer.
- Online Co-op – Play with friends or other players around the world. Up to four players allowed.
- Global leaderboard – Mark your name on the top by killing as many zombies as you can. Headshot is the key to get high score and saving bullets.
- Various Hand Interaction – Shoot guns, pull levers, throw objects and much more. You can also give hands to your friends who are bleeding out.
The game will be available at a price of 14.99 USD during its early access period. Eric Song, the lead developer of BAAM SQUAD stated that the team is “going to use Steam community and discord to interact with players while putting an effort to update more mobs and maps, perhaps more cool weapons too”.